aboutfoodfashionexercisecontact

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Pregnancy | Week 17



Size of Baby: Baby M is the size of a pomegranate and weighs 5 ounces.

Gender: We find out this week!! Just for fun, I made a chart of old wives tales predicting gender. Honestly, I do not place any weight into wives' tales regarding gender. None are based on data just anecdotal experience. There is evidence to say that you may be more prone to morning sickness if you experience motion sickness. Additionally, headaches and skin changes can happen due to skincare routine, changes in diet or even the weather. But, based on these it seems like the odds are leaning toward a baby boy. 



Weight Gain: I am up 7 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight. Which is right on track. At least a few pounds are due to all the candy corn M & Ms I have been enjoying! Guilt free :) 

Maternity Clothes: Still rocking mainly dresses and loose tops. My non- maternity pants may need to be retired in the coming weeks.

Nursery: Making a shopping list for Ikea when we go to Charlotte in October. 



Movement: I have started feeling small kicks really low in my abdomen especially late at night. 

Symptoms: I have been extra emotional this past week. I cried watching Pitch Perfect 2- not at all a sappy movie. Thankfully, I have been able to snap out of my moody spells pretty quickly.  

Sleep: Sleep is becoming more and more difficult by the day, I ordered a maternity body pillow over the weekend and have been giving it a try. Sleeping on my side is something I will have to get used to. 

Cravings: Loving Candy Corn M & Ms. They truly taste noting like candy corn and are more of a white chocolate flavor. 

What I Miss: Alcohol. All the fall flavors have come out in the grocery stores and have me yearning for a Strongbow cider.

Exercise: 4 Pure Barre classes as well as 2 long walks. 

Best Moments: Feeling definite kicks at night has been amazing. 

Signature
Like what you're reading?
Follow Sweet Carolina Belle on BloglovinInstagram, Twitter, & Facebook!

3 comments:

  1. Yay for baby kicks! The sweetest!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun that you'll learn gender this week!! And the arrival of pumpkin beers has me missing adult beverages as well girlfriend! *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving the old wives tales predictor! I hadn't even heard of some of those

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I always love seeing what my readers have to say! Please make sure your email address is set up with your profile so that I am able to respond to you. If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at sweetcarolinabelle@gmail.com.