aboutfoodfashionexercisecontact

Friday, June 26, 2015

Friday Five: Beach Vacation

The best thing about Fridays is knowing the weekend is right around the corner. Today is extra exciting as we are headed on vacation for two weeks. Blog posts may be a bit sporadic over the next two weeks as we never have great internet connection on the island. I am all packed for vacation and ready to hit the road to the beach tonight! For today's post I thought I would share a few of my beach trip essentials. 
One. Coverup w/ sun protection. Over the past few years, I have become more cautious of sun damage. Having a coverup that doubles as an extra layer of sun protection is a must. I snagged this columbia fishing shirt and love it. The material of this shirt is very light which prevents me from getting overheated while on the water. I love the idea of getting it monogrammed adding a preppy touch. 



Two. Sun Hat. A straw hat is essential to keep highlights covered while protecting your face. I love to rock it off the beach as well. It is perfect for a day at the park or for strolling the boardwalk. 


Three. Sunscreen. If you have sensitive skin or breakout easily I highly recommend using baby sunscreen which is formulated for kid's sensitive skin. Another perk of this sunscreen is that it is 97% natural while having a great clean smell. 



Four. Beach Drinks. Much to my husband's chagrin I am not a beer drinker. When we head to the beach I always make sure to pack a few beach friendly adult beverages. This wine is one of my favorites the can is the perfect size so I can enjoy 2 -3 without feeling like a lush. 



Five. Aftersun Care. This lotion is perfect after spending a long day at the beach. It is thick without being greasy and does not leave a noticeable smell once it dries. I have never been a fan of lotion (Really). Partially because I already have oily skin and I hate the way it feels on my skin once it dries. I have many unused bottles of lotion in my cabinet from trying to find one I love. However, I know I will be using this one all summer!


Other things I always pack in my favorite scout bag are a good book, polarized sunglasses, lip balm & my favorite swimsuit

Do you have any fun vacations planned for the summer? What is the one thing that you always have in your beach bag? 

Signature
Like what you're reading?
Follow Sweet Carolina Belle on BloglovinInstagramTwitter, & Facebook!

Linking up with TiffClareKarliAmanda & April .

15 comments:

  1. Fun fact: that sunscreen was on the list of best sunscreens that I just saw the other day! I have sensitive skin when it comes to sunscreens so I need to look into the Yes brand!
    I love that monogrammed shirt--so pretty!
    Hope you guys have a great time on your beach vacay!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sofia in a can is one of my favorite drinks ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post; have a fantastic vacation! Stopping by via the H5fF link up :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A two week vacation - hope you have the best time and yes to those mini sofia wine cans - I still haven't found any! :( xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the sun hat!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will be going away for a long weekend for the Fourth, but other than that, no long beach vacations until August. I can't wait! : ) I always have to have a big bottle of lemon water with me. I find as soon as I get dehydrated, that's when I burn. Love the hat - I need to find a cute oversized one before my vacation! Hope you have a fabulous time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wine is can?! Awesome! A sun hat is a must! I need to try that tan extender. Have a great vacation!!!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a great time on your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy your time at the beach - I am dying over that monogram coverup!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That monogram cover up is super cute! Have a great trip to the beach :)
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I need to check out that tan extender! I can't stand when lotions are too thick or have a really heavy scent!

    ReplyDelete
  12. When I was younger I used to care about being super tan everywhere... Now I only want tan legs and always wear sunscreen everyday on my face, with a hat and coverup as much as possible. Keeping your face hidden from the sun will help with aging, as we won't be young forever!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I must be missing out, but I've have not seen wine in a can yet. Now I'm super curious and need to find it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have never seen that wine in a can before, but it is now my mission to track it down!

    Taylor xo - T's Spoonful of Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am the exact same way, I would much rather have any non-beer drink and Sofia has quickly become one of my favorites for the beach or pool! Loving that monogram on the back of the Columbia Fishing Shirt! Xo, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I always love seeing what my readers have to say! Please make sure your email address is set up with your profile so that I am able to respond to you. If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at sweetcarolinabelle@gmail.com.