aboutfoodfashionexercisecontact

Friday, May 1, 2015

Got Migraines?


Today I am taking a break from my usual Friday Five to seek a little help from all of you in blogland. Last night I developed an awful migraine as I sat down last night to start work on the post for today. I have researched a ton on migraine prevention, triggers and treatment. However, a lot it hearsay or "works for some". Many people swear by a gluten free diet while others promise that essential oils cures all headaches. I have also read that food triggers or magnesium for migrants is not supported by research. It is such a broad range of symptoms and treatment! What works for some may not work for others. I currently take a B2 vitamin daily and limit my caffeine which helps some but does not prevent them from occurring. I would love to give Botox or Cefaly a try but until it is fully covered by insurance it is out of reach.

 I would love to hear your advice if anyone has been successful with their migraine treatment.  I would love to hear your tips and tricks! I am tired of fighting migraines week by week.  Hoping to try a few different trick and report back my experience.

Thanks so much for hanging with me through this post. I'll be back to regular posting Monday :) 

Signature
Like what you're reading?
Follow Sweet Carolina Belle on BloglovinInstagram, Twitter, & Facebook!

3 comments:

  1. I dont get migraines TOO often, but when I do, Excedrin Migraine has always worked for me. This may not be as simple of an answer if you get them more frequently, so I'm sorry if that's not much help. I DO hope that you can find something that works for you because I know migraines can be awful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my friends went to the doctor and learned that chocolate was a trigger to his migraines...just a thought...could be anything! Hope you get to feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry girl! My mom deals with migraines and has a pill she takes that's stronger than tyleon / advil at the first signs of a headache...she had to go to the doctor a few times for the right help though! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I always love seeing what my readers have to say! Please make sure your email address is set up with your profile so that I am able to respond to you. If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at sweetcarolinabelle@gmail.com.