aboutfoodfashionexercisecontact

Thursday, November 13, 2014

My Job

This post is a little out of the ordinary for me. One of my goals for this little blog is to share more personal stories about myself instead of being a vague overview of each week. As a way to get more personal with you my readers I am going to share a little more about what I do for work!  I am a School Psychologist at an Elementary School. Since this week is School Psychology Awareness Week I thought it would be a perfect time to share. 



I enjoy the chance to educate others about how I can support all students in school not just students in special education.  When I decided to go to graduate school, most of my friends have never heard of a school psychologist or just thought I was going to be in a counselor type role. That is not the case!


As a school psychologist I am able to that support students and teachers. I have expertise in mental health, learning, and behavior which allows me to help children and youth succeed academically, socially, behaviorally, and emotionally. School Psychologist provide direct support and interventions to students, such as learning assessments, academic and behavioral interventions, counseling, and social skills training. We also consult with teachers, families, and other educators to improve support strategies and school-wide practices and policies. Can you tell I never get bored?

This year I have the benefit of being able to serve only one school. This has provided me the opportunity to get to know students on a more personal level and build relationships. I work closely with our school counselors, EC teachers and speech pathologists to provide support for students and staff.

I'd love to hear about what you do!

Signature
I'm linking up with AnnieStephanie, and Laura!
Like what you're reading?
Follow Sweet Carolina Belle on BloglovinInstagram, Twitter, & Facebook!

2 comments:

  1. That is so nice that you are able to stay at 1 school! That is rare these days! We share our school psychologist with several schools in the county.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I always love seeing what my readers have to say! Please make sure your email address is set up with your profile so that I am able to respond to you. If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at sweetcarolinabelle@gmail.com.