aboutfoodfashionexercisecontact

Monday, October 20, 2014

Weekend Rewind

Joe and I kicked off the weekend with a perfectly scary night out with friends at Darkside Haunted Estates. Having never been to a haunted farm before I had no idea what to expect but was impressed (terrified) by the theatrics and props used for the maze of haunted houses. The estates had countless dark and winding houses to explore each with different terrifying themes. Our group's favorite was a creepy Christmas themed house and a pitch black maze complete with terrifying music and black lights. Surprisingly I slept soundly that night with zero nightmares. 


Saturday we headed with friends to the NC State Fair. I love that we are so close to so many fun things to do since we moved to Cary. My favorite part of the fair is always grabbing breakfast at one of the local church buildings and visiting the beautiful gardens. A close second is enjoying my yearly cup of NC State Ice Cream. 
 

The boys enjoying Apple Slushes 




Campfire Ice Cream from NC State Creamery 


I put all that good carb loading to use Sunday morning at the Bull City Race Fest. I ran the half-marathon with a group of friends from church. I planned on running this race for fun and that is just what I did. The hills in Durham are no joke and after almost every turn there was another hill to conquer!!



Unfortunately, the hills got the best of me and I ended up straining my Achilles tendon and it started to get inflamed around mile 8. I was running with a friend which really helped me power through the last few miles. We ran up until mile 10 and then alternating walking hills and running down hills and flat stretches. We crossed the finish lie at 2:40 and I made my way straight to the recovery tent. Thanks to a great therapist my leg was rolled and stretched out to help with recovery. 


Afterwards, we checked out the food truck rally that was waiting at the finish line! My leg was still bothering me a lot so after browsing we skipped the food trucks and opted for a sit down dinner. 

My restaurant of choice was Tribecca Tavern which is quickly becoming our favorite Cary restaurant. After resting and recovering from the morning race, we spent the afternoon enjoying delicious seasonal drinks and baked brie poofs while watching some football. 



Talk about a weekend! I am still not 100% today from the race yesterday but am hopefully on the way to recovery. We have a short week ahead because Friday we are heading to the mountains to celebrate Joe's birthday! To wrap everything up here is a sneak peek at this week's meal plans.

Weeknight Menu


Tuesday: Dinner w/ Parents



Friday: Grilling at the Cabin & S'mores 

Hope everyone had a great weekend! I'll be back tomorrow with an fitness update and my plans for the next few months. 

Signature
Like what you're reading?
Follow Sweet Carolina Belle on BloglovinInstagram, Twitter, & Facebook!



1 comment:

  1. I love seeing pictures from the state fair! My favorite ice cream is the Campfire Delight as well! Love North Carolina :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I always love seeing what my readers have to say! Please make sure your email address is set up with your profile so that I am able to respond to you. If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at sweetcarolinabelle@gmail.com.