aboutfoodfashionexercisecontact

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Weighing In Wednesday

I always appreciate a three day weekend. However, I do find it a lot harder to get back into a routine after a break. It’s also hard on my diet to stay on track during long weekends. Celebratory treats at parties or going out with friends always tempt me. Needless to say I got a bit off track this weekend enjoying some delicious treats. I don’t regret a bit but it is time to get back on track!
Sfogliatelle- An Italian pastry with a crispy shell filled with a delicious citrus ricotta

Thankfully, I was able to get out and enjoy the beautiful weather this weekend to burn some calories. Sunday I completed a 8 mile training run for my half marathon (read more about it here). My favorite place to run right now is the Tobacco Trail. The majority of the trail is shaded which helps keep some of the heat of the summer heat away.

On Monday, Joe and I hiked around Umstead Park. We chose a 6 mile loop which was labeled “moderate”.  The trail wound through rolling hills and across several streams.  There were lots of families, runners and individuals with dogs hiking the trail. I am always amazed at the runners trail running. I almost fell multiple times just walking over roots and rocks. I know that it would be even worse if I tried to run!

This week I am focused on getting my diet back in balance and continuing my half-marathon training. When stepping on the scale today I'm back up a pound. I really want to get back to the place I was last week which I felt unstoppable. For me, its all about sticking to the plan. Here is a late peak at my dinner planning this week.

Weeknight Menu: 
Tuesday: Baked Pork Chops
Wednesday: Enchilada Bake 


Signature
Like what you're reading?
Follow Sweet Carolina Belle on BloglovinInstagram, Twitter, & Facebook!

4 comments:

  1. That dessert, however you pronounce it, looks so good! I love how big into fitness you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. new follower here... found you on Ash's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man that dessert really does look good :) Your meal plan also looks wonderful. I think I need to come to your place to eat-especially for the enchilada bake :) You are doing awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I always love seeing what my readers have to say! Please make sure your email address is set up with your profile so that I am able to respond to you. If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at sweetcarolinabelle@gmail.com.