aboutfoodfashionexercisecontact

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Weighty Update

One of the major reasons I stared this little blog was to share my passion for fitness and healthy living. I honestly love to workout.  However, I don’t always make healthy food choices. I always working to get better.

As long as I can remember, I have been a yo-yo dieter. I have struggled with my body image and always wanted to lose more weight- even when I was at my thinnest. Over the years, I have learned to dress my body well. Dresses and empire waists are my go to as my hips and stomach are my problem areas.

2005                                                 2010
2014
One of my goals {here} for this year was to get to a “happy weight.”  It is not about a hard number on the scale. Although, I do have a weight range in mind. I just want to feel comfortable and not self conscious about my stomach and thighs. I feel best about myself when exercising consistently and fueling my body with clean food.

Even though I set a goal for myself in JANUARY to lose weight. I have not lost a pound. Well, I guess you can say a small victory is that I have not gained a pound either. Over the months, I continuously made excuses as to why I could not achieve my goals and take control of my weight.  Weekends are the worst.  Friday night? I deserve Wine and Dessert! Saturday means brunch, of course! Then Sunday rolls around and since Friday and Saturday were a bust might as well wrap Sunday up with some ice cream.  I'll start again Monday… then the cycle continues. Sweets are my other downfall. Sugar might as well be a food group for me as well since I have the largest sweet tooth of anyone I know. Most of my friends can attest that I can polish off a giant slice of cake for dessert single handily without much regret. Eating like this for 7 months is why I say it is a victory that I haven't gained a pound.

Now I realize my weekend habits and sugar intake has got to change in order to meet my goals. To keep me accountable, I want to document my journey here. I’m going to start sharing more of my meals and workouts as a journal of my progress.

I truly hope you enjoy following along these next few months!

Signature

5 comments:

  1. Sweets (and cheese) :) are most definitely my downfall... Looking forward to following along, girlfriend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the exact same way. I will start eating healthy and working out and begin to see results when something always comes up that makes me loose my focus. I can't wait to follow along your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something I have always always struggled with as well. I'm looking forward to following along as inspiration for my own progress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go girl! People always comment about how with all the running that runners do, you must lose weight. Um, false, especially if you're training for a long distance race. Way to go with the not gaining any weight & I'm excited to follow along with your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Frankly, I think you look GREAT right now! But I understand having a goal and wanting to hit it! Keep up the good work girl and do enjoy a treat once in a while. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I always love seeing what my readers have to say! Please make sure your email address is set up with your profile so that I am able to respond to you. If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at sweetcarolinabelle@gmail.com.