aboutfoodfashionexercisecontact

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

S'mores Layer Bars

Today I have an amazing recipe to share with y’all. While hanging out with my friends recently someone reminded me of a favorite recipe from high school called Seven Layer Bars. I decided to revive the recipe and add a new twist. Viola, S’mores Layer Bars!




Ingredients 
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about one package)
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 (14 oz.) can Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 cup (6 oz.) dark chocolate chips
1 cup (6 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 ½ cup mini marshmallows
½  cup toffee chips

Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line 9x13 inch square baking pan with parchment paper.
2. Stir together graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Mixture will be crumbly. Press onto the bottom of the prepared dish. Crust will be thin.
3. Layer chocolate chips, marshmallows and toffee chips into crust. Top with sweetened condensed milk.
4. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and cover with aluminum foil. This will prevent the marshmallows from getting too brown. Place back into the oven and bake for 20 more minutes. Allow to cool completely before removing the bars out of the pan and cutting into 24 squares.
 Inspired by: 7 Layer Bars


Signature
Like what you're reading?
Follow Sweet Carolina Belle on BloglovinInstagram, Twitter, & Facebook!

3 comments:

  1. this looks like the perfect addition to my tailgate recipe book! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my husband would lvoe these!!! i really should make them for him.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I always love seeing what my readers have to say! Please make sure your email address is set up with your profile so that I am able to respond to you. If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at sweetcarolinabelle@gmail.com.